In this post I am going to show you how to use PowerGUI script editor for executing powershell. There are two main advantages of using PowerGUI:
- Dubugging of powershell script
- Intellisense support
So, let's start setting up PowerGUI to use with sharepoint 2010:
- Download and install latest version of PowerGUI.
- Download PowerGUI PowerPack for sharepoint.
- Start PowerGUI script editor and go to File > Powershell Libraries
- Click on "Add Module" and add downloaded "PowerPack for sharepoint" library here
- That will add another entry "Microsoft.Sharepoint.PowerShell" into the listing. Check the library to make it enable
- Restart PowerGUI script editor and you are ready to get started.